Thursday, January 19, 2012

How do I go about getting a boat survey done for a used boat?

I am going to buy a Boston Whaler 305 Conquest and I need to know how I could get a survey because the boat is used. Where would I go to get this done or would I have to do it myself?How do I go about getting a boat survey done for a used boat?
You can pay for a survey. They will pull the boat and inspect it for you. In our expierence use your own suveyor! This will help you in the negotion process and possibly drive the price down. We paid $1,100 for a 55' boat. You can find a surveyor at any Ship yard or a marina that pulls boats. If you use a broker they will all so can help you. Good Luck!How do I go about getting a boat survey done for a used boat?
You will have to hire a marine surveyor. It's best if you can do an out of water survey. You can find marine surveyors listed in www.boattrader.com and click on "surveyors".How do I go about getting a boat survey done for a used boat?
Depending on your location, the surveyor will charge anywhere from $350 and up. You can make arraingements with a local shipyard to haul it out for the inspection, and possibly save a few dollars, but you'll pay either way. Just look in the phone book under Marine Surveyors. Call 4 or 5 and get an idea of the prices and what their inspection covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment