Thursday, January 12, 2012

My logitech Z5500 woofer is damaged by high volume can I replace it with another 10" speaker?

Hi the speaker from my sub is damaged I have no warranty because I live in the caribbean so we get no warranty here.



I want ti know if I can replace this speaker with perhaps a 10" Diamond Audio like this one here.



Please recommend any you all might have in mind cause I don't want to end up putting in something that will sound worst.



Will this diamond audio sound better?



if not how do I tune the box for the new driver?



http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9451_Diamond+Audio+D110D4.html#



* 10" Dual 4 Ohms D1 Series Subwoofer

* Power Handling:

o Peak: 400 watts

o RMS: 200 watts

* Impedance: Dual 4 ohms

* Titanium Finish IMPP Cone

* Foam surround

* Heavy Gauge Stamped Steel Basket

* Long Throw Suspension

* Vented Extended Pole Piece

* 2" Dual 4 ohm voice coil

* Ferrite magnet

* Frequency response: 32-250 Hz

* Sensitivity: 87 dB

* 1-year Sonic Electronix warrantyMy logitech Z5500 woofer is damaged by high volume can I replace it with another 10" speaker?
Connect the dual coils in series so you match the 8 ohm rating.

Sub-woofer: 188 watts RMS (into 8 ohms, @ 100Hz, @ 10% THD)





http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speake鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment