Thursday, January 19, 2012

I spilled gas in my boat! What do I do!?????? please help!?

It's a 15ft Boston Whaler sport. I spilled around half a gallon and I'm afraid to start it up. I washed it down and dried it real well. What else should I do???????? will the mahogany stained wood be okay?? How about the fiberglass?any advice would be appreciated. thanks alot.I spilled gas in my boat! What do I do!?????? please help!?
It shouldn't be a problem if you've washed it down well already and dried it like you say. What gasoline was left behind will evaporate relatively quickly and shouldn't harm the fiberglass. Even the stained wood should be fine, might show a little discoloration where it was, but that should be the worst of it. You don't have much risk of catching fire either since you've washed it down well and let it air out.



Go out and have fun.
well malarky! half a gallon isnt nothin really if you washed it down where did it go? it wont hurt anything if you washed it down but if you have an engine compt. you should make sure its washed out good and ventilate.I spilled gas in my boat! What do I do!?????? please help!?
to anything liquid i use cat litter this is a good soak up for anything in the fluid state

after about ten Min's sweep up or hoover up the litter i am certain the cats will not mind

works one hundred percent
Yes it will be ok . Next time be more carful with the gas .I spilled gas in my boat! What do I do!?????? please help!?
any damage has already been done keep an eye on your mahogany but it sounds like you responded fast and any damage IF ANY will be at a minimal
  • cb radio
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment