Monday, January 23, 2012

Please reccomend a small boat that I can tow with a 4 cylinder.Under 100 pounds total with trailer?

I have a 2003 Saturn LW 4cylinder. Manual says I can tow up to 1000 pounds. I am looking for a boat that is on the low side of that, seats 3 (4 is better, even if snug) , I would like to be able get out in the intercostal, hugging the shore. I have thought of a small Boston whaler, (I saw a PT cruiser towing one) or one of the knock offs. I Was considering a Gheeno because of the weight, But I am afraid the even the mildest chop coulde swam it. Any reccomendations?Please reccomend a small boat that I can tow with a 4 cylinder.Under 100 pounds total with trailer?
I have a small, light bass boat( 3 people ), w/ 35 hp motor, and trailer, when loaded with all fishing gear, coolers, etc, 1350 lbs. I tow it with a 2000 Dodge Caravan ( 2.4 L ); No problems ! ( There are no mountains where I live) !Please reccomend a small boat that I can tow with a 4 cylinder.Under 100 pounds total with trailer?
take a look at deep 14' - 16' aluminum fishing boats (with 20" transoms) aluminum boats are very light and if you look ones that are deep V they are fairly sea worthy.



if you haven't done so already, suggest that you take the small boat safety course, you will gain knowledge of boating safety, navigation, boat types, which will help you to pick out the size and type of boat you need.



boating in a small boat requires a sense of safety, but aluminum boats can work well if you keep an eye on the weather and sea conditions.



hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment